Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What is The Hardest Thing About Riding a Bicycle to Work Every Day

There are obstacles to everything in life, and the successful people in this world learn how to overcome them. The rest of us, like me, just grit our teeth and either quit or grind our way through them.

Riding a bicycle to work has obstacles. There are rough roads, potholes, hills, rain, cold, bad drivers and the list could just go on. Each of us asses these challenges differently. One person may feel the weather is overwhelming and quit, another may say the hills are the thing and give up. For some it is not a question at all, they see these things and say, "Tough it out and just keep on going."

For me it is my wife. She voices fears for safety, and fears for health, fears for time management, and fears for late arrival which may cost my job. Twice this week she sent me a text on my cell to ask if I was OK and if I wanted her to come with the van and bring me and my bicycle home.

It makes me feel that she does not have faith in me or she thinks I am lazy, a weakling, that I can't handle it or that I am foolish. (I will give her the last one.)

People are who they are, you cannot change them- that is God's job. You do have to love and accept people. We should be a blessing to others. We should try to inspire them to their best.

It may be her way of expressing love, care and concern. It may be that she feels I am doing something that she is left out.

I am grateful that she is my wife, she puts up with a lot. Maybe once in a while I will let her bring the van and give me and the bike a ride.