Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Simple Bicycle Mirror Is The Best.

My kids gave me a bicycle mirror for my birthday. It was funky looking to me and I wondered if I would ever use it. The mirror was oval and had a stem that stuck from the side to attach to a sleeve that would wrap around the handle grip and it had a Velcro strap to tighten it on. It just looked too simple.

After a few days, I tried it out. It stuck out from the side of my handlebar in a sort of annoying way, and I had my doubts.

It was positioned about where the driver's side mirror would be on a car, so I found myself naturally glancing at it to see what was coming on the driver's side. It swiveled so I could tilt it one way or another to get a better view. The grip was easy to twist up or down while I was riding and so I could effortlessly scan the distant and near road with it. I decided I liked it; in fact, I have come to rely on it a lot, and feel much safer with it.

There are several bicycle mirror designs on the market but this one from a department store would be hard to beat. If for some reason I had to replace it I would look for one just like it.