Thursday, October 31, 2013

What Happend When I Almost Did Not Ride My Bike To Work

Maybe I am starting to get lazy or maybe I am having problems with time management but I have been finding myself thinking, "I will just do more at the house and leave later and drive instead of riding the bike. " Or I muse, "It might rain, so for safety I will take the car instead of the bicycle."

The other day was a nice day but cool. I was having those thoughts that it was too cold and there were a few things I needed to do so I will just drive. An argument went back and forth between the Good Me and the Bad Me. The Good Me said I need to get the exercise, I need to save the money on gas, I need to be responsible with the earth's resources. The Bad Me said I am tired, I need a break, I will only save a couple of dollars on gas, I won't have time. The Bad Me was winning, but in the end I decided to ride the bike since there would be time if I got organized and it was basically a good thing.

I rode over the hill and began to really enjoy the beautiful day. I turned on the country lane and admired the rolling hills, trees and sky. The lazy tranquil streets were filled with singing birds and drifting autumn leaves. I was enjoying the he blue sky, the colorful leaves and the crisp air felt good. The ride made me feel energized.

As a car went by the silhouette of the person inside made me think, "They left the wooden box of a house that kept the nice day out and got into a metal box with wheels (a car) that is keeping the nice day out. They can't possibly be enjoying this nice day like I am."

I almost missed out on a beautiful day if I had gotten in a car and rushed off, I counted myself blessed to have ridden a bicycle that day.